Thursday, May 22, 2014

A bit more done on Chaqua...and new purchases!

I was able to stitch a bit more on Chaqua last night.  I have to say I really love how my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone takes such great close-up pics.  Better than my digital camera!


I also have some new purchases.  First up is a new needle magnet.  I wanted something more flat and small.



And a new magnet board for holding patterns.  



And here is DebBee's Designs American Beauty stitched by Regina on the Counted Canvas Facebook Board.  This was originally done in a red colorway, but I just loved this pink one, so I immediately ordered the pattern, and Regina was kind enough to post the conversion on the Facebook board.  It uses Gentle Arts Sampler Threads, Weeks Dye Works, and Crescent Colours threads.


And, finally, new case for my Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet that the Hubs bought me for my birthday.  



I have done Step 1 in my quest to frame my own needlepoint.  I spray painted a frame!  And a glittery teal/purple.  OMG.  I can't wait until I can get done Chaqua so I can frame it!  I plan to stretch the canvas over stretcher bars and then pop that inside a frame.  I have been calculating frame opening size, rabbet depth and width, and how I will attach the canvas to the stretcher bars (stapling), and just wanting to frame something already!  LOL.  I will be sure to post a pic when I do.

Until next time...

1 comment: