Friday, November 22, 2013

More stash! And a stitching update...

I received some more beautiful opalescent fabric from Ebay this week, and another Nora Corbett pixie.  





Here is an update on ABChristmas.  



The designer had the letters N, O, E, and L next to each other so they spell out Noel and the O is an ornament.  The pattern calls for it to be stitched in the same green as the other letters, and backstitched in the green, and there are french knots in it also.  I had the idea of using a white variegated Threadworx thread to stitch the ornament and then backstitch in one of these RG Petite Braids, and use one of these beads in place of the French knots, just to jazz up the piece a bit. 



Instead of using a Q-snap I attached the fabric to stretcher bars.  I am going to do this for all projects from now on, so I can have the whole project in view and not have to be moving a Q-snap around.  

I am on the lookout for a good sit-on or lap stand to put the stretcher bars in.  I have looked at this one, this one, and this one.  If anyone has used any of these, I would love feedback. 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love your new fabrics. They are so gorgeous.

    Beautiful progress on ABChristmas. Who is the designer please?

    ReplyDelete