Monday, November 25, 2013

A finish...and a new start!!!

I stitched ALL day yesterday to finish ABChristmas, and now it is on its way to the lovely Jill Rensel for framing.



I wanted to show you a close-up of the O, which is a Christmas ornament.  I decided to do the backstitching in a green Rainbow Gallery Petite Braid and substitute green Mill Hill seed beads for the french knots.  It is so much prettier in person.


And because the chart was designed in 2004, that was the date on the pattern, so I went online, and after much searching found some numbers I liked so I could stitch the proper year, 2013.


And finally, my new start, Nora Corbett's Faerie Autumn Glow on Silkweaver's 16 count opalescent Aida in Shadowbrook.  This picture does the fabric no justice.  It is very sparkly and in deeper shades of green.  Stay tuned for my first stitching pic on this piece!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love this piece! So pretty and lovely colors! Jill Rensel is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful finish. I'm looking forward to seeing it framed, especially by Jill Rensel. The ones on her blog are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Can't wait to see how she frames it!

    ReplyDelete