Monday, December 23, 2013

A finish, Christmas gifts, and sickness!

Alas, I have been ill since yesterday with some type of throat/chest thing.  Just lovely timing.  I hope to be better by tomorrow, because who wants to be ill during Christmas?!?!??!

Anyway...Saturday I met up with the lovely Jill and baby Marleigh, and Jill gave me some awesome gifts.  EOS hand lotion and lip balm, the Lizzie Kate Holly and Hearts Mystery Sampler patterns, threads, and fabric, and a Pandora charm for my bracelet.  



We had a good lunch at Peace A Pizza in Catonsville and then walked over to The Stitching Post where I think for the first time ever I walked out without buying anything!

Last night I finished the first installment of Country Cottage Needleworks Frosty Forest.  Let me just say that white snowbank took me a lot longer than I thought it would!  LOL.  But glad to have the first one done and while I am waiting for the second one to arrive I am going to start the LK Holly and Hearts Sampler.


 And I recently purchased a Grip-It floor stand off Ebay for only $39.99 and free shipping!  So far it works great.  I have owned every floor stand known to man, and I asked DH for a sit on stand for Christmas, but when I saw this one on Ebay I had to have it.  Very sturdy, and definitely grips a Q-snap well, and completely turns around for starting/ending threads.  And the company does not make these stands any longer, so I thought it was a great deal.



Merry Christmas!  

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better, I got a little something too so I know how you feel.
    Sounds like you had a nice time with Jill and Marleigh, lucky you!
    Your Frosty Forest looks lovely, do you know how you're going to finish it?

    ReplyDelete