Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Tiniest Progress

I have made the tiniest progress on Home Is Where The Sunflowers Grow.  I actually had stitched quite a bit more, but when I got around to the other side of the flower it did not match up.  Let me just say, folks, that unpicking stitches over 1 on 35 count is not fun.  But a seam ripper helps!  The flower I was stitching has about four or five different colors in it, so I was stitching all spots of one color, then moving on to the next color, et cetera.  Well, I am now stitching one section, and then whatever is touching that section gets stitched next, so hopefully no further counting errors will be made!


I am heading off to the Needlearts Retreat tomorrow in Laurel, Maryland through Sunday afternoon!  Luckily, Laurel is only about a half hour away from me.  I have attended this retreat two other times and it is a blast.  Next year my goal is to attend more retreats, like the ones Salty Yarns puts on, and maybe the Dyeing To Stitch retreat.  I am confident that I will have much more stitched on Home Is Where The Sunflowers Grow!

I have a few patterns waiting in the wings to be stitched after Home Is Where The Sunflowers Grow, Little House Needleworks Peter Peter and Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Christmas On Gingerbread Lane and 12 Days of Christmas.  I even purchased the fabric recommended, Picture This Plus Crystal Ale, but I purchased 36 count Edinborough linen, as I want to do these patterns over 1 using one thread.  The fabric is so sparkly!  Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery patterns are way cute and use lots of bright colors, so I have always wanted to stitch one.  

And after seeing progress on so many blogs of Lizzie Kate's Holly and Hearts Sampler, I now want it.  Isn't that always the way?  But I have decided to put it on my Christmas Wish List, so DH can buy it for me!

Our smallest dog, Layla, a mini daschund, has not been feeling well for the past two days, so DH is taking her to the vet this afternoon.  Prayers needed that whatever is wrong is easily fixable and not too hard on the pocketbook! 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment