Monday, June 29, 2015

More Americana

I have been slowly but surely working on Americana.  



I also have been reading.  Faithful Place by Tana French.  Very good!  I am almost finished.

I made some gadget purchases recently.  This beautiful needle case from Down Sunshine Lane.  The lid is handmade from clay.  



And these Needle Grip-It patches.  A godsend when doing needlepoint.


And a metal needle threader.  I broke one of those thin wire ones this weekend.  In my opinion the thin wire ones are only sufficient for threading a beading needle.


And another set of needle magnets.  I have a serious addiction to these.  This time it's a beehive and two bees!


And a lesson learned this weekend.  Sometimes it takes something being pointed out to me many, many times before I catch on.  I will NEVER sell anything stitching related ever again on eBay.  There have been so many times that I have put something up for auction and it goes for a mere fraction of what I paid.  Now, I realize it is partially my fault for not starting the minimum bid at a higher price, but how is it that whenever I try to bid on something stitching related it skyrockets???  Something I paid $92 for as a kit sold for $12.50.  I wanted to cry.  But like I said, lesson seriously learned.  I would rather donate items to charity or give it to someone.

Until next time... 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful needlecase and magnets. Great stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the needlecase you purchased. And those bee magnets, so cute! Great progress on Americana!! And that is maddening that all you got was $12.50 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post your sale stuff here on your blog!! I am sure many of us would be interested in buying! The Americana piece looks amazing! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute needle magnets (the bees and the beehive)! Americana is looking good. I second that about selling it on your blog. You might get more takers.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete